Why Shaving in the Shower is Better
Shaving in the shower can save you time, and more importantly optimize your shave. Dermatologists agree that shaving in the shower is the most effective way of shaving for several reasons: The steam that rises from your shower is what’s key to opening your pores, which in turn causes the hair on your face to rise so they’re easier to razor off. Naturally, the other obvious benefit is the water penetrating the hair, causing it to expand, making the course hairs softer and easier to cut. Shaving softer hair reduces the damage done to your blade making your blades last a bit longer, and it’s less likely to tear or get cut off at an angle (which reduces the likelihood of razor bumps), and may also reduce the amount of irritation you suffer due to shaving.
How to Shave in the Shower like a Pro:
- Once in the shower get your face wet. Wait a few minutes for the face to get nice and hot. (Average time for water to penetrate hair and pores to open is 3 minutes.
- Prepare your Fog Free Mirror using either a small film of soap on the mirror and then rinsing it, or try using: Fogless Mirror Cleaner and Anti Fog Solution Spray.
- Lather up your face with shaving cream/gel/oil. If you are using a combination, start with using your shaving oil first by applying a light coating and then add your shaving cream for added protection for your skin.
- Rinse and Heat razor at the top of the shower stream. Look in the mirror and make your first pass. Repeat until complete.
- Rinse off your face. Rinse out the razor and be sure to replace any cap on it, or take it out of the shower with you and leave in a dry storage place.
If you want to shave in the shower, then you’d better use a fog free mirror, check out the selection on ShaveNow.com These mirrors have great suction for most surfaces, and if they fall, they won’t break.
Super sensitive skin may benefit from using special razors and shaving formulas. Rolling Razor offers customizable razors, so for those who suffer from ingrown hairs, and extremely sensitive skin, try Rolling Razor’s Severe Bump Eliminator cartridge, or Extra-Sensitive.
|Fog Free Mirror
With Dual Power Suction Cups
Buy on line for $28.95 >>
|Fogless Mirror Cleaner and
Anti Fog Solution Spray
Buy on line for $8.95 >>